The official and simple version
(updated on the 12th of November 2018)
Benjamin is an entrepreneur and Marketing & Automation Consultant.
Born in Neuchâtel in French-speaking Switzerland, he lives today in Zurich.
Email : benjamin (at) benjaminspring.com or here
Website : Benjamin writes at www.benjaminspring.com in both english and french.
Languages spoken: French, english, spanish and german
What I’m up to now:
- I work with a handful of clients on marketing projects with leveraged for my clients
- I work on my own projects and products or with partners which will give me more freedom while keeping on learning to offer the best services to my clients
- I write about marketing and automation, productization of services, the business side of freelancing and some other subjects I get interested in.
- My current interests include decision-making, non-linearity in our private or professional-life, strategic chaos, philosophy and living the good life, entrepreneurship as a career, all form of leverage and minimalism.
- I live in Zurich in Switzerland (and go back quite often to my hometown Neuchâtel) while traveling a few months per year.
- I work on my own anti-fragility (health, mindset, sport, spiritual, creativity)
How did I get there? The longer story
In January of 2012, I was doing an Erasmus in Dortmund, Germany. I had been overweight for as long as I can remember and the constant drinking and eating kebabs at 3 am brought me to my highest point. I was really frustrated.
I started googling for a solution and I started seeing a pattern around the “Paleo Diet”.
It kinda clicked and I just felt for the first time empowered to actually be my own coach, nutritionist and I knew I had learned a few elements that changed everything.
I was for the first time abroad and I spent quite a lot of time alone. Being alone changed my life for the better.
People had no expectations of who I should be. I could change my personality and try to become someone else.
(I lost 30kg in total since this period)
Reading all I could find on the subject, I stumbled across Tim Ferriss’ “4-Hour Body”. Digging his website further, I found the infamous “4-Hour Workweek”.
My perspective shifted completely.
It’s funny when you feel something in your gut, but you don’t really know what it is and suddenly someone formulate this feeling.
I was just ready and felt completely repelled by the traditional corporate world.
Usually, you know you’re into something when something just clicks, makes sense and feel just right and easy.
Coming back from my year abroad, I was a new guy. I started lifting weights, became obsessed for a while about Lifestyle changes, diet, sport, personal development and so on.
I found my growth mindset.
I evolved drastically for a few years but a few things didn’t click instantly.
I was scared of failing thus didn’t start anything meaningful.
Working as a part-time financial accountant, I decided to just leave everything, take one year off with my savings and figure out what I would do in my career.
While backpacking through Latin America, I launched my first business, a platform helping local businesses market themselves. But it failed. it was a false good idea.
But everything shifted and here I am, building my own path with a lot of struggles but even more excitement and better I found like-minded people.
I read a lot about subjects I would never think I would be interested in like Chaos theory, non-linearity, decision-making, mental models, entrepreneurship, lifestyle design, mindset…
I want to end by saying thank you for reading till the end, I appreciate you!